Enjoy a refreshing taste of the South with this fruit-flavored iced tea. Add a shot of Southern Comfort for an extra bit of zing.
Recipe created by Tony Abou-Ganim, Modern Mixologist.
4 cups water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 red zinger tea bags
12 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal Granular sweetener (Spoonful)
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 fresh mint sprig tops
- Put water and cinnamon sticks in a large, uncovered pan, boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place red zinger tea bags in pan, and let sit uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and cinnamon sticks, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in Equal sweetener and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over ice in a tall glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprig tops.
- Alcoholic Option: Add 1/4 cup of Southern Comfort after step 6.